We were approached by Scott Waste Ltd to provide advice and support to help them grow the business. The company specialises in the collection and segregation of waste at source before preparing it for recycling.
Following a detailed market and business capability study we identified a number of options for increasing the scope of the recycling services offered and to widen the geographic catchment of the business. We subsequently prepared forecasts and a business plan for the company to establish its own waste transfer station, identified and evaluated suitable properties, assisted with securing bank and grant funding and provided hands-on assistance to implement the plan and grow the business.
Our work included:
- Market research, and the identification and evaluation of business opportunities;
- A feedstock availability study;
- Analysis of any potential competing, or rival companies;
- Strategy development and implementation of a digital marketing campaign;
- The development of a strategy for establishing a waste transfer station, and drafting and implementation of a new business plan taking that into account; and
- Sourcing the required funding, and assistance in preparing thorough and robust grant applications, which resulted in additional funding being secured for the purchase of collection and processing equipment.
The company subsequently secured new premises and our sister organisation, Technia Environment and Planning Ltd (TEPL), prepared a comprehensive planning application that was approved in March 2015. TEPL assisted further with detailed site and drainage design and managing contractors during construction. Scott Waste moved into the new facility in June 2015.
We continue to work with Scott Waste Management and play an integral role advising and supporting the business as it continues to grow.