Williams a Williams Cyf, Resource Recovery Facility, Pwllheli
Services delivered: Market research, opportunity identification and evaluation, feedstock availability study, contract negotiation, competitor analysis, business plan preparation, sourcing funding, grant application
This waste collection recycling company based in Pwllheli, Gwynedd, approached us for help in expanding their waste transfer station. The company is one of north Wales’ largest and most respected waste recycling companies, and specialises in recycling domestic and commercial waste across north west Wales.
Working closely with the company we mapped their existing capabilities, identified future market and legislative trends and established a strategy and plan for future growth of the bsuiness. Our consultants prepared a number of grant applications to support the financing of the plan and were successful in securing significant grant funding towards the development of a new resource recovery facility. The new facility, which opened in September 2014, provides an alternative to landfill for a signifcant amount of commercial, industrial, construction and municipal waste arising in north Gwynedd is key strategic waste infrastructure for the area.
Our work included:
- Market research, and the identification and evaluation of business opportunities;
- A feedstock availability study;
- Assistance negotiating of contracts with local authorities;
- Analysis of any potential competing, or rival companies;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- The development of a strategy for expanding their services, and drafting and implementation of a new business plan; and
- Sourcing the required funding, and assistance in preparing thorough and robust grant applications, which resulted in additional funding being secured for the purchase of large scale processing equipment.
We continue to work with Williams a Williams Cyf, and play an integral role advising and supporting the business as it continues to grow.